Ever had a moment, however small, where you thought you were going to be a fantastic mom? I have. I still do. I had one today. I saw a cute food craft in a magazine this week and decided that instead of wiling away our Sunday with Wii games and Disney movies we would do a craft. I used to do crafts all the time. I don't know why we stopped. I pulled out all the ingredients, made a big deal to my kids about how much fun we were going to have and began constructing Tom Turkey Cookies. Three of my kids wouldn't even participate in my crafty adventure. The other three? Yep, they pretty much looked like this:
After Lexi and Kennedy made two turkeys each they asked if they could be done. Parker made one turkey and switched to making tanks. That at least got a smile out him. I prepared for three days, we crafted for 5 minutes, and then I spent the next half an hour cleaning up. I think I remember why we don't do crafts anymore.

No comments:
Post a Comment